|HTML front page|
It took about a year, but Applied Discrete Structures is completely converted to MathBook XML. The source code has been converted to both HTML and LaTeX, available at http://faculty.uml.edu/klevasseur/ads2. The main site also has a link to the source code on GitHub. For the minority who prefer hard copy the main site also has links to lulu.com. You can buy Part 1 (Chapters 1-10), Part 2 (Chapters 11-16), or the combined Parts 1 and 2.
|Cover to the full print version.|
The content is essentially the same previous versions, but there are several improvements/features in the new version.
- The pdf version is extensively hyperlinked and the HTML version has knowl links.
- Sage notes have been expanded, and the HTML version includes live, editable Sage cells.
- There is a table of notation and an index.
- An appendix on algorithms has been expanded to include a section on the Invariant Relation Theorem.
- A few WeBWork exercises have been added to the HTML version, with an eye toward adding many more in the future.
|A WeBWork exercises embedded in Section 15.3.|
Two significant deletions: Mathematica notes have been removed, and the introduction to Logic Design section of Chapter 13 has been left out for now. I've had trouble finding a good utility for drawing simple logical gates. This is on the to-do list.
There are several other things my to-do list. They include more a user survey, better web tracking, more WeBWork, and better cover art (I'm in a rut with the cover design!). Some students have requested background information on dictionaries and iterables. I may try writing up short introductions to these topics if I can find a way to integrate math into the discussion, or maybe I'll just point a good tutorial if I can find one I like.